1 made more desirable or valuable or profitable; especially made ready for use or marketing; "new houses are springing up on an improved tract of land near the river"; "an improved breed" [ant: unimproved]
2 become or made better in quality; "was proud of his improved grades"; "an improved viewfinder"
3 (of land) made ready for development or agriculture by clearing of trees and brush; "improved farmlands"
- something that has been made better; enhanced
- past of improve
Improve means to make something better. It may also refer to:
- Achievement Improvement Monitor, an Australian educational testing system
- Improvement trust
- Ontario Swine Improvement
- Organic Crop Improvement Association
- South Improvement Company, a railroad-oil-related Pennsylvania corporation in the early 1870s
- Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League
improved in Korean: 개선
advanced, altered, ameliorated, beautified, better, bettered, changeable, changed, civilized, converted, cultivated, cultured, degenerate, developed, deviant, divergent, educated, embellished, enhanced, enriched, metamorphosed, metastasized, modified, mutant, perfected, polished, qualified, rebuilt, refined, reformed, renewed, revived, revolutionary, subversive, transfigured, transformed, translated, transmuted, unmitigated, worse